100 Dinners Overview
From April 16 – 20, in partnership with Community Coalition, Los Angeles will host 100 dinners on race in every one of the 15 districts that make up the city.
Breaking bread is a time-honored tradition where people can share stories and engage in honest, frank and often difficult conversations. Our goal is to build a community of Angelenos that are committed to facing, challenging and changing inequities not only in our own lives and neighborhoods, but also at the policy level for the future of Los Angeles.
Become a Dinner Host
We are seeking 100 hosts to open their homes for these powerful gatherings. Each dinner will consist of a chef, a gathering of 10 neighbors, and a thoughtful dialogue centered on one of the most important topics of our time: race. We will provide everything: the meal, rentals, expert facilitator, setup/ breakdown, and most importantly, the dinner guests.
What to expect:
- 12 total max guests (8-10 dinner participants and 1-2 facilitators). Guests will be vetted through an application process and placed according to neighborhood preference.
- A beautiful catered meal by a local chef, selected and provided by embRACE LA.
- Tables/chairs, linens, and any other physical rental items, provided upon request.
- A brief orientation conference call and preparatory materials.
- Dinner sites must be located in the City of Los Angeles.
- Not all locations must be ADA compliant. Only ADA compliant sites will accommodate guests with special mobility needs. A site visit may be conducted.
- Available one evening between April 16 - 19 (Monday - Thursday) from 6:30 – 9:30pm.
- Host must participate in one mandatory (45-minute) orientation conference call prior to the dinners. 3 dates/times for orientations will be offered:
- Monday, April 2 @ 6pm
- Tuesday, April 3 @ 8am
- Wednesday, April 4 @ 6pm
Hosts who did not attend a host orientation webinar can watch the mandatory orientation video here.
Questions? Please contact:
Cristina Pacheco | email@example.com | 424.262.5875